27 January, 2011

Melbourne




Loved Melbourne. I want to go back there and work. Unless I find somewhere better, or change my mind! It's such a vibrant, creative city. There are loong streets, full of all kinds of cool funky bars and restaurants and art shops and music stores... and all over the city. There are less cafes here, Aussies love their instant coffee ;) nah, I think they just prefer tea. Or flat whites (lattes) and long blacks (americanos). I'm dying for a proper cup of drip coffee! That said, there have been moments of precious heavenly relief when I've borrowed a french press or two for a cuppa. Melbourne is like... when I was walking along one day (to a Dracula dinner theatre show where everyone was singing and dressed hardcore like vampires and dead people) I came across a building that had this ginormous green goopy thing that looked like it was literally oozing from the top of a building and leaking over onto the next one..! So cool. I think it may have been an art institute or something, but nonetheless, it's the epitome of the craziness and artisticness of this lovely musical city. And everything painted and decorated in graffiti

4 comments:

  1. Omg Jolene! Your blog looks beautiful! Lovely to see it's been updated. Keep well and I miss you like crazy! Talked to Grandma she said she has her bags packed for your next adventure back out east. She seems excited, I will be excited to have you home again for a good long time. Let me know how you are doing in all that weather down there. Love you & miss you lots!

    Mom xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Your photos are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mommy :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. K,
    number one I am drinking coffee while reading your post-jealous?
    number two- walking down the street with vampires everywhere?-I'm jealous!
    Kuma says hi
    xo

    ReplyDelete