27 January, 2011

Adelaide



Made it to Adelaide where I was greeted by a wonderful woman called Carmel. She is the wife of the brother of the woman who is married to the brother of my Uncle. (Who is married to my mother's sister). Get that? Anyway I had a lovely time in this beautiful place, recuperating after my long ride across the desolate Nullarbor. We went kayaking with dolphins and we paddled around a ship graveyard. Adelaide was nice, the weather was cooler than I had been used to in WA, but it was smokin' during the day. Carmel had sent me a photo of a koala in their backyard. Unfortunately, I didn't see one up that close while I was in their home, BUT when we were driving along one day, I spotted one up in the trees! Since then, I've seen a few more up in the very tip tops of the trees!! Very cool.

1 comment:

  1. You never told me you went kayaking with dolphins! WOW! That sounds like heaven.
    Cool you saw a koala...I think I would like to reincarnate as a koala bear-decent lifestyle ;)
    AP

    ReplyDelete