02 March, 2011

Sydney & Blue Mountains




So, this is a beautiful view of Sydney that I was able to see with the generosity of my Dad's cousin, Judy, and her wonderful family!! They have a lovely home with a view of the water, and they made me feel so welcome, it was hard to leave! I had my campervan when I passed through Sydney, first to see the Big Day Out, with music and artists crammed into one day. Highlights: Ratatat, Die Antwoord, Lupe Fiasco, Tool, Rammstein, Angus & Julia Stone, John Butler Trio, M.I.A, SIA, and oodles (heaps!) of others...
Then before returning, I burst off into the Blue Mountains, which was such an amazing refuge: vast lush mountain ranges, with dense foliage and a wonderful scent. There are paths and tracks that weave all over. The Blue Mountains are named so due to the reflections of light off of oil droplets from the Eucalyptus trees. I always think that our mountains in B.C. are blue silhouettes, I guess it's the same with pine and cedar.
I spent hours just sitting there in peace, watching the valley, listening to the waterfalls, and watching and listening to the birds.
Incredibly peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment