02 March, 2011

The Solway Lass



The tallship "Solway Lass" was a beautiful old ship that sailed in the First and Second World Wars.
The vessel was gorgeous and wooden, and apparantly haunted, though I never had a visit in the night...
Here I went scuba diving for the first time! I saw beautiful reef, and loads of different fish, including a clown fish (Nemo!), and a giant blue fish ("Elvis" the locals called him) with intricate designs all over it.
Also, there was a rope swing(!) (as you can see),it was great, but I was a little freaked due to all the jelly fish floating around. We had to wear wetsuits at all times because there are some deadly jellyfish in Queensland. The ones you can't see are the deadliest... how convenient.
The bottom photo is one of the crew members binding a sail.
Anyway, the boat was beautiful, and I spent 3 nights on board. It was lovely and peaceful, and I had a wonderful time.
Unfortunately, I left my camera somewhere at Airlie Beach... luckily I had just developed 3 rolls that were with it. However, I lost a half exposed roll ...farewell dear camera...

3 comments:

  1. These sailing pictures are INCREDIBLE! 8 more days until I get to hear all about it!
    xo
    Alysha

    ReplyDelete
  2. get in here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures and an amazing experience I'm sure. Glad to see you're squeezing the juice of life like you are. Take care.
    KR

    ReplyDelete